The Owen County Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development Corporation is an alliance of businesses & individuals working together to facilitate growth & improvement. The staff & volunteers promote trade, tourism, industry & quality of life within the community. The Chamber of Commerce has served the Spencer area for more than 50 years, merging with Economic Development in 2003. Governed by a common Board of Directors elected by the membership, there are various committees overseeing numerous functions & activities.
- To provide quality solutions for the advancement of economic development - including entrepreneurship education
- To work with desirable new light to medium industrial businesses; to assist in their relocation to the area or expansion thereof
- To encourage sound local hiring practices & to assist with workforce development opportunities
- To help create, maintain & improve job opportunities for our citizens & expand the economic tax base of the community
- To act as a liaison between local government and the business & industry - promoting partnership & common vision
- To aid local government in obtaining & coordinating resources, grants, etc. for the benefit of our citizens